This everything-you-need kit is a great holiday gift your child can make, and it will give her friends and cousins hours of fun dressing up their own dolls.
What you’ll need
- Lunch-box-style box (we bought a plastic one from A.C. Moore)
- 1 dozen old-fashioned wooden clothespins
- Glue stick, bottle of tacky glue, or low-temperature glue gun
- Pipe cleaners (for arms and adornment)
- A couple of skeins of embroidery floss (for hair)
- Small pieces of beautiful fabric, tied with ribbon into little bundles
- Wide eyelet ruffle trim (this makes excellent skirts)
- Rolled lengths of wide satin ribbon
- Feathers, buttons, beads, gemstones, small silk flowers, and other gorgeous little things
How to make it
In a lunch-box-style box arrange the other items.
Have your child make a sample clothespin doll to include in the kit or to attach with a ribbon to a colorful card that hangs on the outside that reads “A dozen dolls-to-be. We belong to ________.”